Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fabric hair clips for baby!

Did I mention I was expecting a girl? :)

Lately, I've been looking at lots of baby hair clips, and they're all actually quite easy to make! I spent some time over the weekend making a few different kinds of hair clips, which I plan to either clip directly into her hair or on a headband.




 


 



There are tons of tutorials out there and these are just a few of my favorite:

Felt bloom flowers (this one is actually for a super-cute belt!)

I love going to fabric stores and checking out their remnants sections. Remnants are great for small fabric projects like these clips. Some good local fabric shops are Peapod Fabrics, Discount Fabrics, and Fabric Outlet. I found the felt from SCRAP, some of which was already cut up into small squares which is exactly what I needed for the felt flower. 

eBay is also a great source for materials. I bought 50 plain double prong alligator clips for $6 and 20 yards of grosgrain ribbon in 20 different colors for $1.25. I also found 12 crochet baby headbands for $4.25, which comes out to $0.35 cents per headband! I love a good deal! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

share your thoughts.